The FEIYU POCKET 2S gimbal’s split design looks weird and handy at the same time. Feiyu Pocket 2S is the world’s first palm-size gimbal with a detachable stabilized 4K camera. This new approach allows almost endless mounting possibilities. When the camera unit is detached, you still have 3-axes stabilization, allowing for pretty smooth footage that would be difficult to achieve with any other kind of video gear.
As you can see in the image below, separating the two parts doesn’t completely disconnect them from each other – there’s still a 90 cm cable between them. I hope that the next generation of the Feiyu pocket gimbal will adopt a wireless solution.
FEIYU POCKET 2S features a 1/2.5″ Sony BSI CMOS image sensor that allows [email protected] or [email protected] video recording (120Mbps max bitrate). For slow-motion videos, there is also available [email protected] mode.
Speaking of weight, the FEIYU 2S gimbal scales only 179 grams (6.3 oz). Its built-in 875-mAh battery allows about 3 hours of usage per charge. The lithium battery can be recharged through the USB type C port in 1.2 hours. Via the USB port, you can also connect external microphones.
On the grip, you’ve got a 1.3″ touchscreen UI along with a 5D mini-joystick below to let you control various axes or switch modes. There is also a shutter button on the front panel, letting you start and stop video recording or taking still photos.
Feiyu Pocket 2S highlights
- Split design with detachable and wearable stabilized camera unit;
- Three-axis brushless gimbal;
- [email protected] video recording with up to 120Mbps bitrate;
- 1/2.5″ Sony BSI CMOS image sensor (8.5-megapixels);
- 130° ultra-wide-angle lens;
- 1.3” colour touchscreen with live-view (240 x 240 pixels);
- 5-way control joystick;
- Built-in speaker and external microphone compatibility;
- Intelligent and Breakpoint Shooting functions;
- Compatible with FeiyuCam App;
- 1/4”-20 thread at the bottom;
- About 3-hours of battery life;
- Weight: 179 grams.
Official FEIYU POCKET 2S promo video